What Comprises the Compustat Database?
- Source documents that are verified and standardized
- International data from regional providers
- Industry Classifications – Various industry classifications such as SIC and NAICS codes, as well as Global Industry Classification Standard (GICS®) by Standard & Poor’s and MSCI Barra*
- Key market identifiers all linked together with the Compustat GVKEY– CUSIP, ISIN, SEDOL, Ticker
- Market Data including historical daily and monthly prices, dividends, and corporate actions
- Leading indices from Standard & Poor’s, MSCI, Russell and local markets including index values and historical index constituents
- Consensus estimates from Capital IQ and Thomson I/B/E/S
- Non-financial content including business descriptions, officer information, and executive compensation
- Historical Corporate Actions – name, ticker, identifier, and exchange changes; textual M&A details
- Global Macroeconomic Data – leading economic indicators for over 120 countries with history as deep as the fundamental database. Includes forecast information
- Operating Segment data – including business and geographic detail, product information, customer data
- Currency – complete and timely currency information provided by WM Reuters
- Insider and Institutional holdings
Other Proprietary Data
- Capital IQ Qualitative Data Sets
- Standard & Poor’s Stock Reports
- Standard & Poor’s Industry Surveys
- Standard & Poor’s Issuer Credit Ratings
Additional products and services...
Available data sets...
Learn more about Compustat standardization and data quality...
*The Global Industry Classification Standard (GICS®) was developed by, and is the exclusive property of, Standard & Poor’s and MSCI Barra. “GICS” is the trademark of Standard & Poor’s and MSCI Barra “Global Industry Classification Standard (GICS)” and “GICS Direct” are service marks of Standard & Poor’s and MSCI Barra.